Sunday, February 9, 2014

Hot cereal at your finger tips

I adapted this Hot Cereal recipe that was originally seen here . It boasts Instant Cinnamon "Oatmeal" that is grain-free. Stop by Karen's blog and check out her recipes. Be sure to tell her thank-you!

Those of you who know me, know I love to make simple recipes that are simply delicious and that I am not left wishing I had made the "glutenous" equivalent of the same.

I've been eating grain-free for over 2 years now and after going on a cruise in early January, I was missing my paleo, grain-free treats. The typical "glutenous" refined sugar filled desserts were not satisfying. I really never thought I would ever say that but it's true.
Cereal can be stored in a air tight container.

Hot Cereal, grain-free

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup chia seed
  • 1 cup flax meal, golden or regular
  • 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
  • 2 Tbls cinnamon

Directions:

Combine all ingredients in bowl and stir. Or just put the lid on and shake it up.
Store in air tight container.

Prepare one serving of hot cereal:

  1. 1/2 cup cereal mixture
  2. 1/2 cup hot water
  3. dash of salt
  4. Let sit for 3 to 5 minutes
  5. Sweeten with sweetener of choice (maple syrup, agave, honey, OR flavored liquid stevia)
  6. 2 to 4 Tbls coconut milk to taste
  7. Top with fruit of choice. I used craisins.


This cereal is made ahead and can be ready to serve in less than 5 minutes.
What is your favorite topping for hot cereal?
Enjoy your food.





No comments:

lindac1958

Follow Me on Pinterest