Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Brownies with pecans

I think I have said this before but I'll say it again. Elana Amsterdam of Elanaspantry.com is a genius. She inspires me to try new recipes. I can't imagine a better recipe than Elana's brownie recipe and I can't say this one is better. What I can say is, it is as good. This recipe costs much less to make than Elana's "famous" brownie recipe that uses almond butter.
This is my adaptation of Elana's black and white brownie recipe.






Brownies with pecans

Ingredients:

  • 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup coconut cream/milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cup almond flour(blanched)
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven 350 degrees
  2. Melt 6 oz chocolate chips with coconut cream/milk over a very low heat.
  3. Mix chocolate mixture into eggs.
  4. Mix in almond flour, baking soda and sea salt.
  5. Fold in chopped pecans and remaining chocolate chips.
  6. Spread batter into 8X8 or 9X9 greased glass baking dish.
  7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
I like this recipe because it is cost effective without sacrificing flavor. So if you want to start moving toward a grain-free lifestyle but are concerned about the cost give this recipe a try. I promise, you won't be disappointed and it won't break the bank.
Enjoy your food!



1 comment:

Sherry said...

I like the use of coconut cream for a fat.

lindac1958

Follow Me on Pinterest