OK, so I like saying trehalose. Have no idea if I am pronouncing it correctly. You figure out how you want to pronounce it.
Anyhow, I was looking through recipes on Pinterest and some of my favorite paleo blogs. I saw freeze dried strawberries used in a frosting glaze recipe and it got me thinking about trying it in other applications. This is how I used freeze dried strawberries.
Strawberry Filled Chocolate
- 2 cups trehalose, granulated
- 1/2 cup freeze dried strawberries
- 1/3 cup coconut butter, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup coconut milk (enough for desired thickness or thinness)
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Put trehalose in the blender/VitaMix and turn on high for 30 seconds or until it almost doubles in volume. It is now powdered trehalose.
- Dump it into your mixing bowl and put the freeze dried strawberries into the blender/VitaMix and hit the button to pulverize. 10 seconds or so should do it. Maybe a few seconds longer if you have a cheapo blender.
- Dump the pulverized strawberries into your mixing bowl.
- Add coconut butter and 1/4 cup coconut milk and use a hand mixer to blend into the trehalose and strawberries.
- Slowly add more coconut milk until you get the texture you desire. I made mine the texture firm frosting.
- Line mini-cupcake pan with mini-cupcake papers.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Spoon enough chocolate into cupcake paper to cover bottom.
- Use a fork to bring the chocolate up the side of the paper.
- Set in freezer for 5 minutes to set chocolate.
- Remove from freezer when set and add 1/2 tsp of the strawberry filling to each cup flattening out using the bottom of an empty paper.
- Spoon more melted chocolate over the filling to cover.
- Put in freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Store in refrigerator.